PAGES

Sunday 14 September 2014

Things to Come

I have had an obsession with this battle scene for quite some time, doing a lengthy post about it on the previous incarnation of this blog:
http://youtu.be/cjcz-bWDoq8?t=42m37s
Not entirely sure why, it's incredibly short, and not the most exciting thing to watch (at least by today's standards). But I think it touches on something that the wargamer cannot ignore... a previously... almost entirely... untouched period to game in, there's an exciting thought!
HG Wells portrays a post-apocalyptic past (to us now), where the second world war never really ended, but effectively fizzled out when nearly the whole world was wiped out by a plague called the wandering sickness. What remained was a world of roving bands of soldiers lead by local warlords. The scene is set in the 1960s but technology hasn't advanced almost at all, in-fact there has even been some regression - cavalry charges anyone?

So what I've been thinking is this is the period I want to apply the rules I'm currently writing to, and gaming it should be incredibly easy, I mean who hasn't got access to tons of 1/72 scale WW1 or WW2 miniatures? I only occasionally mosy down to the local model shop and I've got hundreds of the bloomin' things!

So here's to gaming the past future... future past... whatever.

Thanks for stopping by!
WGP

No comments:

Post a Comment