PAGES

Tuesday 18 March 2014

My 15mm Miniatures So Far

As promised here are pics of my progress with my 15mm.co.uk order, I apologise for the yellowishness of the pics, I don't currently have a white light to hand.
 Here's a Gort style 'Robotic Servant', he was very easy to paint. I gave him an  once over with silver and ran a small amount of black wash around his ears, neck, belt and cuffs. I then picked out his visor with blue and attempted to paint a gem effect on it, which had limited success, but it works for me.
 Here's a Heavy Tracked Automata. I wanted my Automatons to be painted very quickly, so I went with black and dry brushed silver, only picking out the eyes with red.
 My Ghoulani are not in the traditional red and grey colour scheme. I went for a desert yellow uniform,  purple skin and red eyes.
 Each part of the Ghoulani are highlighted twice to really make them stand out. I struggled to highlight the elbows and knees which you'll notice have extra but tiny detail, so I ran a brown wash over them instead.
 The eyes were tough, I have extremely shaky hands, but the gem effect came out a darn sight better on them than on the Robotic Servant's visor.
Finally your standard Automaton, painted in exactly the same way as the Heavy Tracked Automaton.
Thanks for stopping by!
WGP

No comments:

Post a Comment